Cheap Motorcycle Insurance
If you’re looking for the best possible deal on motorcycle insurance, you’ve come to the right place. Every day we help riders source the most competitive deals in the UK. Whether it’s to buy a first time policy, or to renew an existing one at a cheaper rate. And yes, it is possible to find cheap motorcycle insurance with the level of cover. With help from Scoot Scoot, you can have the best of both worlds. Cheap motorcycle insurance plus the optimum level of protection.
As a specialist site for motorcycle and scooter insurance, we provide access to some of the UK’s main insurers. This allows you to quickly compare motorcycle insurance policies. We don’t try and influence your decision. We don’t favour one provider over another. Our sole focus is o find the right policy at the lowest possible price. We also offer delivery rider insurance and electric moped insurance.
Get a quote for cheap motorcycle insurance
To get a free, no-obligation quote for cheap motorcycle insurance simply complete our online form. Customers can not fill the quote form out over the phone – it is an online service only. Whichever way you choose to apply, you’ll have to provide some details about yourself. The make and model of motorcycle you want to insure. Also any other information that’s relevant such as additional rider protection.
You’ll also have to choose from one of three types of motorcycle policy. Third party, third party fire and theft, or fully comprehensive insurance. We’ll explain these in more details in a moment. Submit your application and we’ll search to find cheap motorcycle insurance deals. Can you buy a motorcycle without insurance? You can buy but it’s illegal to ride a motorcycle on UK roads unless the vehicle is taxed and insured. Anyone caught without insurance is likely to be fined and could have their motorcycle confiscated.
What type of motorcycle insurance do you need?
As stated above, there are three main types of motorcycle insurance to choose from.
- Third party. this is a basic level of cover – and the minimum level of cover required by UK law – that will protect you from liability for injury or causing damage to the property of a third party, if you have an accident. Typically the cheapest type of policy, third party won’t cover you for any personal injury or for the cost of repairing/replacing your motorcycle.
- Third party fire and theft. This insurance covers the above and all the motorcycle from being damaged by fire or being stolen.
- Comprehensive insurance. typically the most expensive of the three types of insurance, a comprehensive policy allows you to design a policy that gives you complete peace of mind. Cover includes Personal injuries, medical expenses from treatment after an accident.
How to reduce the cost of your premium
Motorcycle insurers look at a number of factors before calculating your annual premium. This includes by example, address, age, occupation, riding history, mileage. Also the level of voluntary excess you pay towards any claim you make in future. You may not be able to move address, change jobs or do anything about your age, but there are ways to reduce the cost of your premium.
- Don’t automatically renew your existing policy or be put off switching insurers. By using the Scoot Scoot comparison site you can find cheap motorcycle insurance from top UK providers in a matter of minutes – and without any hassle!
- Opting to pay more voluntary excess on any claims you do make in future, can help to reduce the overall cost of your premium.
- Safeguard your no-claims record by paying for any small repairs to your motorcycle out of your own pocket.
Apply now for cheap motorcycle insurance
As motorcycle enthusiasts, we get a real buzz out of helping our fellow riders to find a cheap motorcycle insurance policy that gives them all the protection they need without breaking the bank. Apply for a free quote today.