BMW Motorcycle Insurance
Try us if you own a BMW motorbike and want the best deal on motorcycle insurance. We’re confident we can help you find a policy tat a price to suit your budget. We only search for and compare motorcycle insurance products, nothing else. Every day we find great deals on BMW motorcycle insurance for our customers. Compare BMW motorcycle insurance from over 40 leading insurers. Simply request a free no obligation quote by completing our online application. Customers can not fill the quote form out over the phone – it is an online service only. Either way, receive a quote for cheap motorcycle insurance
Applying for a free quotation is straightforward and only takes a few minutes. You’ll have to provide some personal information and a few details about your BMW motorcycle, including the make and model; you’ll also have to state what type of insurance cover you require from one of three options, namely: third party insurance, third party fire & theft insurance or fully comprehensive insurance. We’ll explain what each type of policy covers in the section below. Submit your application and search for a great deal. We’re an independent site. We will never try and steer you towards a particular insurer. Our sole mission is to find the best motorcycle deal out there.
Choose your BMW motorcycle insurance
German manufacturer BMW produced its first motorcycle in 1923, the R32 model. This model had a flat-twin boxer engine, one of the configurations still used by BMW Motorcycles today. Owning a BMW motorcycle is to be part of motorcycling history. Finding the insurance policy that protects you and your motorbike is important. The three main types of insurance cover available in the UK are as follows:
- Third party insurance. What does third party motorcycle insurance cover? The minimum level of insurance you can have to legally ride on UK roads. A typical policy will cover you for liability for injury to a third party and damage to property. It does not insure you for personal injury or damage to your motorbike. This is usually the policy with the lowest annual premium. It may not give you all the cover you need.
- Third party fire and theft. As above but you’ll also be insured against your motorbike being stolen or damaged in a fire.
- Comprehensive motorcycle insurance. The most expensive type of policy but provides you with the highest level of cover. In addition to the two other policies you will receive further cover. You will to be insured for personal injury and treatment cost if you’re involved in an accident. Also you will be covered of repairs to your bike and/or full replacement cost if necessary.
Look for discounts and special offers
Whichever type of policy you decide is right for you, our site is a quick way of getting a quote but when comparing insurers make sure you also check for any special offers. Most providers will offer a discount if you have a history of zero-claims, but check for other incentives such as multi-rider policies, discounts for annual low mileage, and special policies for riders over 35.
Your personalised quote for BMW motorcycle insurance
With your application form you can create exactly the kind of insurance policy you want to protect you and your BMW motorbike, however it’s important that give honest answers to questions about mileage; whether you need a policy that covers a named other rider, and so on. Insurers will provide a quote that is informed by your answers and any misleading information that comes to light at a later date, could lead to a claim being refused or your policy being cancelled. It’s also important that you fully understand the terms and conditions of the policy before deciding to go ahead, so please go through everything carefully.
Some tips to reduce your premium
How much is motorcycle insurance? The premium you pay is decided by other factors such as where you live, your occupation, and whether you plan to commute to and from work with your motorbike. Moving to a lower risk area may not be an option, but there are other ways you can cut the cost of your annual premium.
- Shop around – or better still use our site to find the best possible insurance deal by letting our team shop around for you.
- Opt to pay more excess on any claims you make. Most policies ask you to pay a fixed sum if you make a claim in future; by opting to increase this sum, you can reduce your overall premium.
- Only claim if you really have to by paying for minor repairs yourself. This will keep your no-claim record intact which will earn you a bigger discount when you renew your policy.
- If sticking to a low annual mileage is an option, this is another way of reducing your premium as in the insurers’ eyes, the less you ride the less chance you have of being involved in a road accident.
- Avoid modifications to your motorbike, as these can be expensive to repair and will incur a higher premium on your policy.
- Some insurers will offer lower premiums for riders with advanced skills. Courses are run by the Institute of Advanced Motorists and the British Motorcyclists federation.
Apply now for your motorcycle insurance quote
Why waste time searching through different insurers’ sites when we can do it for you? A single application means you’ll have access to over 40 of the top insurers in the UK, giving you the best possible chance of finding the ideal policy. Apply today and you could have your new policy in place sooner than you thought possible.