Searching for bike insurance can be a time-consuming and frustrating business. It can involve comparing rates from different insurance companies and a lot of form filling. It can be tempting to stay with your existing insurer rather than look for a better deal elsewhere. But this is where we can help. As a specialist site for bike insurance, we only provide access to bike and scooter insurance, nothing else. We’re confident we can find you a great deal on motorbike insurance in a matter of minutes rather than days. Using our site, you’ll only have to fill in one form. You cam search across a network of more than 40 top UK insurers. This will save you time. You will see at a glance what special deals are available. You’re almost certain to save money on motorcycle insurance as well.
Easy to get a quote
To apply for your free, no-obligation quote all you have to do is enter a few details about yourself and the bike you want to insure, including the make and model, and say what kind of policy you want by selecting either third party, third party fire & theft, or fully comprehensive insurance. If you’re not sure about which one to choose, we’ll go through the different policies in a moment. As soon as you submit your form, we can get to work to find your personalised insurance quote. We also offer insurance for scooters, delivery rider insurance and electric moped insurance.
Whether you use your motorbike for commuting every day, only at weekends, we’ll find an insurance deals for you. We are independant. We leave you to decide which one of them suits you best. Applying online is the quickest way to request a quote today. Customers can not fill the quote form out over the phone – it is an online service only.
Choosing your bike insurance
Having a valid insurance policy is a legal requirement if you ride a bike on UK roads and being caught without cover could have serious consequences, including a heavy fine, your bike being impounded and possibly being charged with a criminal offence. When it comes to choosing a policy you are faced with one of the following three options:
- Third party: this policy provides you with a basic level of cover and insures you against liability for injury to a third party, and for damages to third party property. You will not be insured for any damages to your own bike or for any personal injuries you sustain in an accident. This is the cheapest of the three policies to buy and is also the minimum level of insurance you need before being able to ride legally on UK roads.
- Third party fire & theft: you get the same type of protection as listed above with additional cover for your bike being damaged in a fire or being stolen, although certain conditions may apply.
- Fully comprehensive insurance: as the name suggests, this policy covers most eventualities and in addition to the areas insured by the previous two policies, you’ll be insured for any personal injuries and medical expenses, and for the cost of repairs to your bike. If the bike is considered a write-off i.e. not worth repairing, the insurer will pay for a replacement bike. This is the most expensive type of policy to buy.
Special deals and discounts
Using our site, you only have to apply once to get access to over 40 leading UK insurers. You’ll also be able to quickly see what the various insurers are offering in terms of any discounts for a zero-claims’ record. You will also be able to see any special offers for low-mileage riders, cheaper multi-rider policies. Some insurers also over reduced premiums for riders aged 35 and over. This way, you can make a more informed choice about which policy suits you best and gives you the best value for money.
Your personalised bike insurance quote
Insurers will base their quotation on the details you provide on your application form so it’s important to give honest answers and up to date information. This not only ensures the quote you receive will reflect your bike usage and your personal circumstances, but means if you do make a claim in future, it will be paid out promptly and without any hassle. Providing misleading information about how you use your bike, for instance, could lead to a claim being refused and you being left out of pocket.
Some ways to reduce your premium
There are some things you can do to cut the cost of insurance.
- Shop around using our site to find the best-value deals on insurance.
- With most policies you have the option of paying excess. This is a fixed sum that you pay towards any claim you make. By opting to pay more excess you can reduce your overall premium.
- If you avoid making claims for minor repairs to your bike and pay for it yourself, you’ll maintain a no-claims record which can help to get you a discount on your next policy.
- Consider riding a less powerful bike. High performance bikes often attract a higher premium because they are more expensive to repair or replace.
- Statistically, the more mileage you clock up in a year, the greater your chances are of having an accident and making a claim on your policy. By sticking to a low annual mileage, you can usually lower your annual premium.
Apply today for bike insurance
Every day we find great deals on insurance for members of the biking community across the UK. We’re confident we can do the same for you today.